Bien Hoa AB Building #’s: dBase

Home: Bien Hoa AB Association Forums Bien Hoa AB Association Base & Building’s Bien Hoa AB Building #’s: dBase

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Webmaster Webmaster 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Webmaster
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

Bien Hoa AB Building #’s: dBase

A WORK IN PROGRESS
    Need help filling in the blanks.

UPDATED:

bldgs_bhab

DOWNLOAD: Bien Hoa AB Building# dBase: USAF – USA – USMC – VNAF

NOTE:  Use the Grid Map Below to try and determine the ‘Grid Location’ of Buildings.

Bien_Hoa_FL - 600dpi-width6.817_b-wmClick on ‘Grid Map’ to enlarge.

det6kat-2
    det6kat-2
    Participant

Trying to remember where the 3rd SP Sq K-9 kennels were located at Bien Hoa AB. I think they were located in the North West corner of the base but am not sure.

In looking at the above map I am guessing they were located in the J-6 area. Any K-9’ers out there that can help point me to the ‘correct’ location?

renelson177
    renelson177
    Participant

Old post but you still might be looking for an answer.

I was with the 823rd REDHORSE outfit at Bien Hoa. Our industrial site was located at I-K 6-7 and I believe the kennels were just below us. If you zoom in you’ll see a fenced area in the lower left corner of the larger fenced in area. IIRC that’s the kennel area. As I remember the area layout it was a little different from what it shows on the map, two separate fenced in areas. We were uphill from the kennel area which was on roughly the same level as the perimeter road. The road loop to the west was for the Hawk missile site and what looks like a housing development to the east was the bomb dump.

Webmaster
      Webmaster
      Keymaster

renelson177, Thanks for your service and thanks for checking in here. I did make a mistake on the Sq. The Ranchhand flew 123 Providers as 12th ACS out of Bien Hoa ’66 – ’68 which changed to the 12th SOS in ’68 – ’70.

I stand corrected and want to Thank you for the correction. I knew of Redhorse firsthand as they were the group that rebuilt our 600th Photo Sq complex 3 times due to 122mm rocket damage during my tour. I guess they had us zeroed in! I have some photos of several of Redhorse personnel who did the repairs at our trailer complex. If I can find the photos I will post them here. I thought the K-9 kennels were in the area that you stated but I was not aware that the Redhorse Unit was in the same area. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the correction as it is very important to provide correct information about the personnel and the units they served with while at Bien Hoa AB.

To see a photo of 823rd personnel at Bien Hoa in ’69 follow the link below.

To POST a REPLY:  823rd Redhorse

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.